We're here for you

03301 757 695

National Office

National Office

Please enter the office location/term above to receive results for your closest office as well as information matches

Shrewsbury college performing arts students bring dance to older person day centre

14 March 2023

Local News

Written byKaren Corcoran

As you may know, we’ve been running an older persons’ day care centre in Shrewsbury Football Club. The purpose of which is to get older people in the area outside, socialising and remain connected to their community.

We have a close relationship with Shrewsbury College, often having their Health & Social Care students working with us on placements. This time however, things were a little more… Jazzy. On March 13th, performing arts students paid us a visit, bringing with them bundles of energy, fun, singing and dancing.

clients and carers with students

With their uplifting and calming voices, they sang a mixture of relaxing and up beat songs that provided an enjoyable morning for everyone. Our clients were delighted to hear the lovely voices of the students and the day was filled with warm moments, joy and laughter.

This unique event has shown that even the simplest of surprises can bring joy to those who might be feeling lonely or disconnected from the outside world. It further highlights the importance of having meaningful activities and experiences in our lives and the positive effects that can be seen when we come together as a community.

Creating a sense of community and connection with older people

The power of music and dance can bring a sense of community and connection that many older people may not experience on a daily basis. Getting our clients up on their feet for a dance and a sing-song helped to create a powerful bond that is sure to be remembered for a long time.

clients having fun dancing

Jane, manager of the day care centre told us:

“We saw firsthand how hosting music and entertainment for older people can bring joy to those who may feel disconnected from the outside world. The students brought an incredible energy to the day care centre, creating an unforgettable day, bringing meaningful experiences to the lives of our clients.”

Events like this also serve as a reminder of the importance of youth involvement in our communities. By engaging with older people, we are able to bridge the gap between generations and share experiences that can help us all grow and learn.

clients and carers group activity

If you’d like to know more about our day care service, please don’t hesitate to contact us. Alternatively, you can see our full list of services here.

Author

Karen Corcoran

Karen Corcoran

Business Development Manager

Karen understands the importance of relationships in the community. Her interpersonal skills help direct the team.

Read more

Useful links

Read full Radfield story Contact us Join our team

Find care near you...

Get in touch with your local Radfield Home Care office today and find out more about the support we offer and the difference we can make.